- COMPLETE PACKAGE - Complete package that includes a whole house Water Softener w/ UPGRADED 10% resin & Upflow Carbon Filtration System. Our package also includes an installation manual and technical support.
- WATER SOFTENER - Complete whole house system. Controlled by the Fleck 5600sxt digital meter valve. 48,000 grain high capacity softening system with UPGRADED 10% resin media. Recommended Service Flow up to 12 GPM (Household sizes of 2-5 people). Fleck valve includes 5 year warranty and tank has 10 year warranty.
- UPFLOW CARBON FILTRATION - Eco-friendly upflow design provides outstanding filtration without the need to backwash. No backwash means no electricity required, no drain line needed, and no wastewater produced. Provides water filtration and cleaner, safer water. 1.5 cubic ft. High Activity Carbon Media - Carbon media is a media derived from coconut shells that filters water contaminants.
- UPFLOW CARBON CONTAMINANT REMOVAL - Removes a wide range of contaminants including chlorine and chloramines, pesticides, herbicides, organics, MTBE, and THM. It also removes most other chemicals, tastes and odors, and is an excellent system for general filtration.
- Includes 24" flex line to connect outlet of carbon filter to inlet of softener. Systems are assembled with NSF approved parts, filters and media.
The two black Pentair tanks arrived pre-filled with resin and activated charcoal. I used a stair chair lift to get them into the basement since they were heavy with pre-loaded media. The interconnecting hose, between the tanks, came as a later delivery from the post office. I bought 24 inch flexible interface lines to the existing PEX plumbing from the local Plumbing Supply store. I then made one trip to the hardware store for the drain line. All connections fit as expected. The little tubes of silicone lubricant were just enough to lubricate the O-rings. I had to reverse the arrows on the bypass valve handles on the carbon filter to match the UpFlow design. NOTE: This was indicated in the manual, as a possible adjustment to be made. Once everything was connected I slowly filled the unit with a sink valve open in the basement to allow the air out of the system. I added salt to the brine tank. I ran the regen cycle once as directed in the instructions. It appears to be a well-designed system and was fairly easy to install. Since I removed an older water softener I did have to make some changes to the PEX plumbing. I added two PEX isolation valves, that will remain open, just prior to the 24 inch flexible braided lines that connect "to and from the system". Now for any future maintenance (in ten years or more), I can totally isolate and remove the system to change out the media. The flexible braided lines, that I purchased locally made the connection to the existing plumbing a very simple task. The flex line adapter that came with the package made connecting between the two tanks simple, as well. I am very happy with the system. The first automatic regen performed as expected.
Installed myself in outdoor location in Sugar Land, Texas
Product has the desired quality. Rapid response from company.Professionalism.
We've had this new system in place for a couple of weeks now and it's been wonderful. In fact, sometimes the water is too soft! We noticed that the water smell and strange taste has gone away, and everything is nice and clear now. That being said, the one thing that could definitely use improvement is their packaging. These incredibly heavy components came in a flimsy cardboard box (completely destroyed by UPS). No styrofoam, no protection, nothing. There was slight damage to one of the units but nothing that caused anything more than a cosmetic issue. That's the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5. If they would correct their packaging and actually protect their customer's products during shipping, this would be 5 stars all the way.
I could find the lowest price for this product only here. Both Walmart & Amazon were way more expensive than AFW. So I ordered it from them & I cannot be more happy. They shipped the product in a day & I got the system installed within a week's time frame