AFWFilters 56SXT-10% Combo Package Abundant Flow Built Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Grain Water Softener with Upflow Filter (10% Resin with Carbon), Black
- COMPLETE PACKAGE - Complete package that includes a whole house Water Softener w/ UPGRADED 10% resin & Upflow Carbon Filtration System. Our package also includes an installation manual and technical support.
- WATER SOFTENER - Complete whole house system. Controlled by the Fleck 5600sxt digital meter valve. 48,000 grain high capacity softening system with UPGRADED 10% resin media. Recommended Service Flow up to 12 GPM (Household sizes of 2-5 people). Fleck valve includes 5 year warranty and tank has 10 year warranty.
- UPFLOW CARBON FILTRATION - Eco-friendly upflow design provides outstanding filtration without the need to backwash. No backwash means no electricity required, no drain line needed, and no wastewater produced. Provides water filtration and cleaner, safer water. 1.5 cubic ft. High Activity Carbon Media - Carbon media is a media derived from coconut shells that filters water contaminants.
- UPFLOW CARBON CONTAMINANT REMOVAL - Removes a wide range of contaminants including chlorine and chloramines, pesticides, herbicides, organics, MTBE, and THM. It also removes most other chemicals, tastes and odors, and is an excellent system for general filtration.
- Systems are assembled with NSF approved parts, filters and media.
- Our package also includes an installation manual and technical support. AFW Filters water bottle included with system. Water bottle has sanitizer pack, silicone lubricant, and hardness test strips for the PERFECT install!
After researching for at least 6 months on everything to do with water softeners and entire home filtration, I choose AFW. Why, because they all are selling the same tanks basically and just slapping their Logo's on them depending on who you purchase from. AFW had the best pricing, resin is 10%(the best) great reviews and rated great on BBB, several years in business, offered great package deal. Like I said, I've done the research:) My husband installed this, very easy. Most time consuming was running the drain line, it was about 50 feet of digging. He used the corrugated 24" line I added to our package along with 2 more sharkbite 24" ones from Lowes. He also used CPVC. Our hardness was 13 and chlorine 3. Both are now at ZERO! We are extremely happy with our purchase and noticed the results immediately. My hair is soft now and skin is no longer dry and itchy. We have city water. If you are looking to save $3-$5k, that was quotes we received from companies that didn't even include the whole home filter. One note is we do have an instant hot water heater, we did not install the recommended sediment filter. However, we have had no issues. Buy this system, only regret is not doing this sooner. THANKS AFW!!!!
I did extensive research to decide what kind of system I wanted for my house. After I decided on a carbon upflow with a salt based water softener I looked for suppliers. AFW and the optionality available were by far the best I could find and for the lowest price. For the installation I actually used youtube videos from "abc" as they are identical and very good explaining. I did have to purchase separately (2) 1" CPVC male fittings for my piping, (3) 1" corrugated metal FIP, and a 3/8" ID plastic hose for the drain. With that at hand the installation took me about 3 hours, had a couple of setbacks, but finally was working fine. One thing to note is that the brine tank overflow drain is not long enough AND is missing a hole in the plastic cylinder (I'm still resolving this). I let all the faucets open for a while as the water was coming dirty and cloudy at first, but now it's better, and I will continue monitoring that.
I installed this a few weeks ago and has been running well. Look forward to a long life of filtered/softened water with this unit.